Charge Safe UK Limited takes the protection of your privacy very seriously. We will only use your personal information to deliver the services you have requested from us and to meet our legal responsibilities. This privacy statement explains how we collect and use personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect from you will vary depending on the services you engage us to deliver. The data we collect and process may include:
- Personal details such as your name, address, mobile number, email address and date of birth
- Details of our interactions with you and the services we have provided to you
- Transactional information used in the payment of services
- Testimonials photographs, videos and text which you may have provided and consented for us to use
Where do we collect the information from?
You provide us with your personal information through:
- Telephone enquiries
- Completing questionnaires and forms in meetings, interactions and online
- Submitting to us an onward referral from a third party e.g. commercial agents or online sites such as Gumtree
- Taking part in marketing surveys or competitions or engaging in forms
How do we use your personal information?
Personal information is processed to enable us to provide related services to you. The purpose for which the personal information is processed may include any or all of the following (the list is non-exhaustive):
- To deliver services and recall you for charging information
- To verify your identity when required
- To communicate with you by post, email and telephone
- To deliver telephone / ecommerce orders to your postal address
- To process financial transactions
- To maintain records and meet legal responsibilities
All Charge Safe UK Limited employees with access to your information have a duty of care and confidentiality to protect your information under the regulations we are required to follow.
Who do we share your personal information with?
To provide our services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us with your prior approval, to share your personal information with other individuals and organisations such as:
- Financial organisations where you seek to apply for finance to pay for your rental or outright purchase
- Any company with regards referencing purposes
- Any companies to meet legal responsibilities
How long do we retain your personal information for?
We are required by legislation, other regulatory requirements and our insurers to retain your data even after we have ceased to provide services to you. The period of retention may vary, but typically is 5-7 years. To ensure compliance with all such requirements it is policy of the firm to retain all data for a period of seven years from the last time we engaged with you.
Data storage is annually reviewed and:
- Electronic data that has passed its retention period is deleted.
- Paper records that have passed their retention are shredded using a registered and certified confidential service.
Holding personal information outside the EAA
Charge Safe UK Limited does not hold confidential personal data outside the EAA. However, if you subscribed to certain web services, such newsletters or competitions, then your contact details, e.g. email, provided at subscription may be stored outside the EAA depending on the service provider.
Using our website
Our cookies don’t store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the ‘key’ that, once you’re signed in, is associated with this information. However, if you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from us, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
We use tracking cookies from Google Analytics, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter and Hubspot to see how you use our website, how we can improve it and enable us to show more relevant content for you.
When you visit chargesafeuk.co.uk or chargesafeuk.com you may notice some cookies that aren’t related to Charge Safe UK Limited . If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
If you take the opportunity to ‘share’ chargesafeuk.co.uk or chargesafeuk.com content with friends through social networks – such as Facebook and Twitter – you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
For impartial information on how to manage cookies visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Access to your information – You have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold.
Correcting your information – We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date and you may ask us to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
Deletion of your information – You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you where:
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained.
- We are using the information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent.
- You have validly objected to our use of your personal information.
- Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations.
Withdrawing consent to use information
Where we use your personal information with your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given provided:
- We are not required by regulation or law to maintain what we are doing until a retention period has passed.
- Should you have entered into a testimonial agreement with us you have repaid any money due from early termination of the agreement as set out in the agreement.
Objecting to how we use your information
You have the right at any time to require us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Restricting how we may use your information
In some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information. This right might apply where there is no longer a basis for using your personal information, but you don’t want us to delete the data. Where this right is validly exercised, we may only use the relevant personal information with your consent, for legal claims or where there are other public interest grounds to do so.
Charge Safe UK Limited do not use automated processes to make decisions that significantly affect you. Should this change we will inform you. Should we in the future use your personal information in such a way you have the right to ask that the decision be reviewed by an individual to whom you may make representations and contest the decision.
Changes to our privacy statement
This privacy statement is regularly reviewed and updated on our website at chargesafe.com/privacy. This privacy statement was last updated on 29th June 2018.
Contact information and further advice
To seek further information, make a request or a complaint please contact our Privacy Office on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Privacy Officer, Charge Safe UK Limited, 1 Burry Road, St. Leonards-On-Sea, East Sussex TN37 6QX,
We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle personal information, but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, whose contact details are:
- Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
- Telephone 030 123 1113
- Web https://ico.org.uk/concerns